In this estate we have the first news dating back 1478 about the cultivation of Arneis in the area of Alba.
According to some historical documents coming from the archives of the Counts Roero, owners in the Medieval period, the name of this vineyard is connected to the name of the wine grape variety Arneis.
At that time, the vineyard was named “Reneysium”, later “Renexij”, then Italianised in “Ornesio”.
It is characterized by a double row of cypresses on the top, which reminds Tuscany, and by an old farmhouse dating back to 1700.
Located in the town of Canale, it faces South, North and East. The elevation is between 260 and 320 meters a.s.l., it extends for 6,5 hectares, has calcareous clay soil, and is planted with Arneis and Nebbiolo grapes.
In this property we have our oldest Nebbiolo vines.